Babies and toddlers have immature skin, so rashes are common in this age group. Rash is a phenomenon of red or small pimples on the surface of the skin. It may be caused by factors such as skin contact with something, infection with germs, and body allergies. This article will explain the causes, possible locations, prevention and treatment of infant rash.
1. Causes of rash in infants and young children
There are a variety of causes of rashes in infants and young children, the most common of which include:
1. External stimuli: For example: heat, cold, fire, water, friction, etc. will irritate the baby's skin.
2. Infectious bacteria: such as: Streptococcus pneumoniae, varicella virus, hemolytic streptococcus, etc.
3. Allergic reactions: including allergic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, etc.
4. Specific diseases: such as: rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
2. Possible locations and possible symptoms of rash
1. Scalp and face: Possible conditions include: facial acne, heat rash, eczema, etc.
2. Neck, arms, chest, abdomen and buttocks other than the scalp and face: Possible conditions include: diaper rash, prickly heat, scabies, eczema, etc.
3. Whole body: including palms, soles, mouth, etc. Possible symptoms include: hand, foot and mouth disease, freckles, urticaria, etc.
The prevention and treatment of rash
1. Choose suitable clothing: choose soft, breathable, non-challenging clothing, and avoid wearing tight and irritating clothing.
2. Keep skin clean and moisturized: regularly clean and disinfect baby's environment and objects, keep skin hydrated to prevent dry and cracked skin
3. Avoid food allergies: When adding non-staple food, reduce the amount and add it periodically to observe whether the baby is allergic. Avoid foods with high allergies for babies.
4. Prevention of drug eruption: Avoid heavy use of drugs and get vaccinated regularly.
5. Controlling the indoor temperature for comfort: Maintain an appropriate indoor temperature to avoid children being stimulated by heat or cold for a long time.
6. Rash medication, if necessary: Use the appropriate amount of rash medication, but be careful when using it, as overuse may cause side effects.
7. See your dentist. When your baby's teeth start to develop naturally, some rashes may also start to appear, which are caused by bacterial infections in your baby's mouth. You should consult your dentist in time.
The above are the causes, possible locations, prevention and treatment methods of rashes in infants and young children. Parents need to pay attention to the baby's condition, choose an appropriate plan according to the situation, and timely prevent and treat rashes. In any case, if the rash symptoms continue to worsen, you should seek professional medical advice from a medical institution in time.